Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Vivekananda Vidyabhavan is a partly residential college, and the hostel forms an integral part in its scheme of imparting an all-round education. Run on the system of the ancient “GURUKUL”, it pays special attention to the cultivation of those aspects of the students’ personality, which are otherwise neglected in a conventional system. The boarders are housed in two spacious buildings ‐ Bharati Bhavan and Brahmananda Bhavan. The resident Superintendent, a monastic member of the order, is in charge of hostel, under the supervision and guidance of the Principal. Here, under the love and sincere care of resident monastic members, the students receive an all-round training in an atmosphere of peace, discipline and purity.
1. The boarders are required to bring the following items at the time of admission: i. Bedding, including bed sheet, bed cover and mosquito-net. ii. Plate‐1 iii. Glass‐1 iv. Bowl‐1 v. Cup and saucer‐1 vi. Jug‐1 vii. Umbrella‐1 viii. Torch‐1 ix. Bucket and mug‐1 x. Xerox copies of S.F and H.S. admit Card and Marksheets
2. The boarders are taught to be self‐reliant, active, and efficient, and responsible. They are entrusted with various duties and responsibilities not only in the hostel, but also in the shrine, the garden, and the sick-rooms.
3. The aim of Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Vivekananda Vidyabhavan is to impart value‐based education to its students. Accordingly, it is compulsory for the boarders to join in the morning and evening prayers daily at hostel prayer hall. They also have to attend the regular religious classes held for them in the hostel. The boarders also organize various socio‐religious functions and actively participate in periodical religious celebrations of Sri Sarada Math. 17 | P a g e
4. All students must strictly adhere to prescribed schedule for study, work and prayer.
5. A student is not allowed to be absent from class and stay back at the hostel unless she is physically unfit or is specially permitted by the Principal.
6. No visitors are allowed during college hours.
7. It is compulsory for a student to be present on the day the college and hostel reopen after any vacation. Failure may lead to an imposition of fine.
8. Boarders are allowed to go home only during the long vacations, i.e. the Summer Vacation and Puja Vacation. For any other leave, a letter from the guardian is necessary for permission to leave the hostel.
9. In case of serious illness, especially in case of contagious diseases like measles, chicken pox, mumps, etc, the local guardian should take the boarder away immediately from the hostel to avoid further infection.
10. Boarders are advised not to carry money or valuables with them. Personal cash may be deposited with the superintendent. The must be careful about all their belongings including books and other valuables.
11. It a student’s progress in studies is found to be unsatisfactory by the college authority, she will not be allowed to continue her studies in this institution, or to stay in the hostel.
VISITING HOURS Sundays 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. 3 p.m.to 5 p.m. The last Sunday of every month is a non-visiting day.
No outsider is permitted to stay in the hostel at night under any circumstances.
HOSTEL SCHEDULE Given below is the general daily routine to be followed by the boarders. The routine is subject to seasonal alternation.
Leaving bed --- 5.00 a.m. Prayer --- 5.30 a.m.
Household duties --- 5.30 a.m. to 6.00 a.m. 18 | P a g e
Breakfast --- 6.10 a.m. Study --- 6.30 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.
Meal --- 9.00 a.m. Classes --- 10.00 a.m. to 4.45 p.m.
Tea & Refreshments --- 4.15 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Games and Recreation--- 5.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Prayer --- 6.30 p.m.
Study --- 6.30 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Supper --- 8.15 p.m.
Study --- 9.00 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.
Bedtime --- 11.00 p.m.
HOSTEL CHARGERS A. At the Time of Admission Admission Fee --- 50.00
Medical Fee --- 50.00
Boarding Charges --- 3,000.00
Establishment fee @ Rs. 400/‐ per month.
For 12 months to be deposited in advance (Non refundable)--- 4,800.00
Misc. Fee --- 125.00
Total--- 8,025.00 B. Monthly Charges (To Be Paid By the 10th of Each Month)
Boarding Charges --- 3,000.00 C. Required Documents for Hostel Admission:
1. Character Certificate (From School)
2. Character Certificate (From Local Councillor) 19 | P a g e 3. Medical Certificate