Medical assistance to students is given at three levels
- Through regular Health Awareness and Check-up Camps conducted byRamakrishna Sarada Mission MatriBhavan, a premier city hospital for women:
- Medical checkup and blood group identification for all first year students is conducted at the beginning of every academic year.
- Breast cancer and Thalassemia awareness and detection programmes are also held annually.
- Through Health Card for students entitling them to free or highly subsidized medical facilities at MatriBhavan:
For a payment of Rs. 200 per year, each student is provided with a Health Card with which she can avail of:
- Free OPD treatments (except medicine).
- Free pathological investigations.
- Free radiological investigations.
- 50% discount on total billing for indoor admission, except medicines.
- The Institution also runs a charitable Homoeopathy Dispensary attended by two visiting doctors every week. Free diagnosis and medicines are available to students as well as women and children from the neighbourhood.
The hostel has a sick room and a doctor on call for medical emergencies. First Aid facilities are readily available both in the College and in the Hostel.
Faculty members are available to students for academic and personal counselling.
Since 2009, the College has been organising periodic counselling for students (individually and collectively) in collaboration with the Centre for Counselling Services and Studies in Self-Development, Jadavpur University.