Convenors: Dr. Sunetra Mitra
Dr. Saheli Roychowdhury
Dr. Rakhi Ghosh
Dr. Sanchali Bhattacharya
Dr. Debarati Chakraborty
Research in academia is major responsibility. Our college has a rich tradition of active faculty researchers, who have from time to time taken advantages of the various government fellowships and programmes specially meant for research. Many of the faculties availed of Minor Research Projects, Senior Research Fellowships, travel grants and Faculty Development Programmes at various points of their careers. To keep the spirit of inquiry and research on, the college has instituted a Research Cell. The primary purpose for setting up the Cell has been to pass on the experiences of the senior researchers to the younger ones.
Activities/ Functions/ Aims & Objectives:
- Providing information regarding workshops, seminars, conferences, call for papers, refresher courses, orientation programmes, summer and winter schools, short-term courses etc.
- Conducting online/offline research talks by members of faculty and eminent scholars
- Inviting resource persons to deliver online/offline research talks
- Guiding/facilitating applications for research grants where needed.
- Carrying out the procedural work for the RKSMVV Research Grant
- Providing information and maintaining a database regarding possible sources of funding, fellowships, grants etc.
- Organizing round-tables chaired by external advisors/experts to facilitate faculty research.
- Facilitating activities of the Research and Resource Centre on the 'Women Missionaries of the Ramakrishna Orders' and the Gender Resource Centre.
- Managing the shared resources/equipment pool formed from completed MRP projects (as per UGC norms)
- Publication of the College research/ academic journal: the RKSMVV Journal of Human Sciences.