WBSU syllabus for Mathematics BSc under the UGC prescribed syllabus template for CBCS
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
A degree in math is a professional pathway for those interested in solutions and solving real-world problems. It’s an important discipline to study because many roles require a basic or advanced understanding of mathematical concepts.
Course Specific Outcome
|Paper||Course Specific Outcome|
|Differential calculus MTMGCOR01T
|In mathematics, differential calculus is used:
• To find the rate of change of a quantity with respect to others.
• In case of finding a function is increasing or decreasing functions in a graph
• To find the maximum and minimum value of a curve
• To find the approximate value of small change in a quantity
• Real-life applications of differential calculus are:
• Calculation of profit and loss with respect to business using graphs
• Calculation of the rate of change of the temperature
• Calculation of speed or distance covered such as miles per hour, kilometres per hour, etc.
• To derive many Physics equations
|Differential equations MTMGCOR02T
|• Differential equations are very important in the mathematical modeling of physical systems.
• Many fundamental laws of physics and chemistry can be formulated as differential equations. In biology and economics, differential equations are used to model the behavior of complex systems.
|Real Analysis MTMGCOR03T
|• Taking a first course in Real Analysis helps students see the abstract world of pure mathematics, learn about the rigorous definition of limits, continuity and differentiability of real functions. They also encounter the notion of limit points and have a better understanding of what “infinity” really means.
|· Algebra is Faster Than “Basic” Math. It helps us solve problems more quickly and easily than we could otherwise. Algebra also opens up whole new areas of life problems, such as graphing curves that cannot be solved with only foundational math skills.
· Algebra is Necessary to Master Statistics and Calculus. While learning one kind of math to learn more kinds of math may not be an immediately satisfying concept, statistics and calculus are used by many people in their jobs. Calculus helps us describe many complex processes, such as how the speed of an object changes over time.
· Algebra Can Be Useful in Life Outside of the Workplace. For example, algebra can be helpful in making financial decisions such as picking a health care plan or even for choosing a cell phone plan.
· Algebra Reinforces Logical Thinking